In honor of my 32nd birthday this month I want to make a list of 32 goals to achieve in 2012. If I break them down it’s a little over 2 goals a month, which I think can be done. It took me a fairly long time to create this list, which surprised me. I thought I had more things I wanted to do! But I also wanted to make sure my goals were realistic.
1. Finish the rough draft of my memoir.
2. Host a dinner party.
3. Read 32 books in 2012.
4. Donate items I don’t use anymore, downsize.
5. See 32 movies I’ve never seen before.
6. Smile more.
7. Run another 5k (and try to beat my old time).
8. Wine taste at wineries I’ve never been to.
9. Try 32 new recipes.
10. Bike the Burke-Gilman Trail for the first time as an adult.
11. Perfect a signature dish.
12. Learn how to can food.
13. Learn how to use my new camera.
14. Eat at Beast.
15. Go to Vegas.
16. Try pilates.
17. Go on 12 hikes.
18. Go snowshoeing with friends who I’ve never done it with before.
19. Take yoga more often.
20. Go to a museum.
21. Do the Corn Maize in October.
22. Do the Roy Webster Columbia River Cross Channel Swim in September.
23. Bike a full Century.
24. Wear my bikini–in public!
25. Take a class that is NOT fitness related.
26. Organize a book club.
27. Enter some writing contests.
28. Perfect my book proposal.
29. Take a day trip to the beach.
30. Make some new friends.
31. Go camping more.
32. Have another flourishing vegetable garden this summer.
QUESTION: Is your birthday a time of reflection and goal setting?