It’s a new year! I don’t make New Year’s Resolutions anymore. I’m more comfortable with monthly goals. Something short term I can work towards and ACHIEVE. So how did I do in December? December was okay…I ate a lot more than I wanted to but that’s the holidays for ya.
December Goal Recap
1. Maintain current weight. Don’t gain weight. FAIL.
2. Try one new recipe each week that challenges me. YES. Sugar Cookies, Minestrone Soup, Cheddar Garlic Bread and Penne with Squash and Goat cheese.
3. Continue the hip strengthening exercise and strength training. YES!
4. Try to live in the moment and be happy with what I have, not worrying about what I DON’T have. SORT OF.
5. Begin training for my first Century Ride! Nope. I did not get on the bike at all in December.
I didn’t fall too short of my goals for December but I also didn’t really give it much effort either. I fell victim to the typical excuse: The Holidays. I was busy, my schedule was crazy, there were injuries and sickness in my house, traveling and parties. I managed to get in all my workouts and I tried to make healthy food choices. That’s about all I could hope for. 😉
Now it’s a new year, a new month and time for new goals.
1. Do yoga once a week. Either a class at the gym or at home.
2. Go Snowshoeing at least once.
3. Try one new restaurant each month. This month: Iorio.
4. Start training on the bike!
I felt pretty confident about my training for the Portland Century…I told myself “I’ve got 8 months to train!” But then I started to think about how many miles a week I need to build up to by August and I began to panic. Do I have enough time to train for 100 miles?? I need to get started on the bike asap!
I was feeling a bit burned out with my workout schedule but I think adding one workout a week on the bike will remedy that.
QUESTION: What are your goals? And how did you do in December?