Yay for the arrival of summer! I am so looking forward to June. Sunshine, sunny hikes, summer bike rides, my 3 year anniversary with Michael…June will be a good month.
How did I do for May? Maybe was kind of a weird month–the weather was iffy most of the time, teasing us with random sunny, hot days here and there but I was still able to get out there in the yard a few times, enjoy some bike rides, and not be soaked with rain for 30 days straight.
May Goals Recap:
1. Try one new restaurant each month. This month: Tasty and Son’s NOPE. Still haven’t been there!
2. Do more squats every other day, eventually getting to every day in preparation for another visit to the Crossfit Gym. Yes, I did squats a few times a week but my schedule didn’t allow me to return to the Crossfit Gym.
3. Lose 2 pounds (hopefully on the Four Hour Body Diet experiment). Um, No.
4. Bike commute to work at least once or twice a week! YES! This was a roaring success in my book. I biked once a week for the month of May.
I don’t know why it’s been so hard for us to get to Tasty n’ Sons Restaurant. It’s in the top 5 of restaurants I want to try and yet, for several months now, I’ve put it off. I’m sure part of it is because it’s pretty far from our neighborhood and it’s such a popular restaurant it’s hard to get into.
I’m not concerned that I didn’t lose any weight in May. I have come to the conclusion that I’m probably where I am supposed to be and it probably won’t be on my goals list for awhile. And that’s okay!
1. Try one new restaurant each month. This month: Beast.
2. Use sunscreen diligently.
3. Commute to work two times a week by bike (weather permitting of course).
4. Successfully complete the Gorge Ride (40 miles)!
I am really excited about going to Beast. Maybe Michael and I will go there for our 3 year anniversary. Beast is rated one of the best Portland restaurants and not only that, the owner and head chef, Naomi, is on the Top Chef Masters show this season. Everything she’s created looked delicious. The menu over at Beast looks very…adventurous…but I’m willing to give it a try!
I hope that I accomplish my goals for June. I like the feeling of checking things off my “to-do” list. I have a lot of goals regarding our veggie garden too, more on that later.
QUESTION: How did you do on your May Goals? Anything specific you’re going to work towards for June?