The other day I opened a package in the mail and excited to see my new running water bottle! I got this: The Ultimate Direction 10 oz Fastdraw HandHeld Bottle.
Today wasn’t overly hot but I wanted to try out my new toy! I filled my water bottle and took it with me on today’s run. The weather was absolutely perfect. Not too hot, sunny and warm-about 77 degrees.
I slathered on the sunscreen and headed out with my new water bottle. First, the pros.
- I like having water when I run, especially in the summer
- I like the color and shape.
- I like that it comes with a zipper pouch to put stuff in it.
- It was affordable.
- There’s grooves on the sides for gripping.
Now, the cons.
- It is slightly too big for my hands. But I have small hands.
- Apparently I sweat a lot, even in my hands! It was kind of hard to grip once I got sweaty.
- The nozzle is a tad awkward. I feel like it should point other way, but maybe I just need to practice more?
QUESTION: Do you have a running water bottle? What kind? Do you like it?
My run was pretty good. I felt energized and even though I was still a bit sore from the intervals on Monday, it didn’t hinder my run in any way.
The rest of the run was pretty uneventful. I knew my time wouldn’t be great because of the detour but I was okay with that. I cross the Hawthorne Bridge and took the stairs back down to the Waterfront and continued running. Then I ran passed this:
Calories Burned: 431
Not my best time, but that’s alright. My goal right now is to just run (and recover) pain-free. I did a lot of stretching when I got back to the office and then I devoured my Lean Cuisine for lunch. On days I run, I become an eating machine!
QUESTION: Is there a certain activity that causes more hunger for you? What is it?