baby doctor Family Memories Michael Pregnancy

Logan’s Birth Story – Part 1

Lisa Eirene

About Lisa Eirene Lisa lost 110 pounds through calorie counting and exercise. She swims, bikes, runs, hikes and is enjoying life in Portland, Oregon. Her weight loss story has been featured in First Magazine, Yahoo Health, Woman's Day and

Related Posts


  1. Karen P

    Thank you for sharing your story…. I’m so glad the baby came out safely. Keeps sharing so that our women folks (and men, too!) can learn. I am trained to do bedside lab work in Labor and Delivery.

    I also did a lot of it while in the hospital since there is a time frame where they will only send women in and not men. LOL- the get the heck out of the room to the guys stage. It’s a real thing.

    Kudos and I wish I could send you sleep in an app. Karen P

    1. Lisa Eirene

      Yep, safe and sound. Both mom and baby came through with flying colors. I feel grateful for that. Recovery is going well, too.
      As for the men in the labor room–pretty sure that’s how it was when I was born! I think when my brother was born my dad was in the room though.

  2. Lisa

    My sister used midwives for her babies and her first birthing experience was similar to yours, where the Pitocin didn’t seem to do too much but then her water was broken and it all went much quicker.

    I had C-sections, so I have no experience with natural labor. But when I had my second child I was having contractions and didn’t know it!

    I’m amazed that you got to eat all day!! I was told when you got to the hospital to deliver there was no food until after delivery, so we stopped at a donut shop on the way with my first child. 2 donuts at 9:30am meant they would not do my C-section until after 6pm that night!!

    1. Lisa Eirene

      The pitocin was pretty mild. Maybe because they did it so slowly?
      I asked about eating. They said I could eat up to pretty close to when it would be time. They don’t want you to eat if you’re going to have a c-section, or if the possibility of it was going to happen. So basically we ate all day and then into the evening but once she broke my water and contractions really started I didn’t eat anything after that. So for about 6-8 hours before Logan was actually here I didn’t eat.

Leave a Reply