Is anyone else just not feeling it this year? I am trying to get in the mood. I love Christmas Lights. I love that our neighbors have all gone ALL out this year. Yards are full of lights, blow up characters, the whole shebang. It’s very nice and cheery.
Right around Thanksgiving Logan and I did some decorating inside the house, but since it’s just the three of us this year I decided to do minimal decorating. Our mantel is pretty much it.
During our lunch breaks Michael and I went and picked up a tree and then later Logan and I decorated it. We got a little tree this year. I like little trees sometimes and we aren’t entertaining this year like we did last year so it’s nice to just kinda do a little bit.
We put Logan’s angel on top 🙂 –I think he made it at daycare when he was like 2! <3
Kitties were loving the tree. They watched it all afternoon. Hopefully they won’t destroy it while we sleep!
Then I made dinner. I wanted to share this recipe because it’s pretty decent and nice for a cold, rainy night.
Cheddar Ham Soup recipe:
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, carrot and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until tender, 10-15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. Stir into undrained potato mixture. Add ham and peas; heat through.
1 cup: 331 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 772mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Logan is getting older now so we have to wait to put any presents under the tree. Usually we’d just put them under there! But little bug can read now so…..! 😉