April was kind of a weird month for me. I found that my focus became more about the bike. Michael and were able to go for two bike rides (thank you weather for cooperating!) and it was nice to get outside for rides. I realized that all the hard work I’ve been doing on the Bike Trainer this winter has paid off.
Since my focus is changing to cycling now, I changed my work schedule and am preparing to start commuting to work by bike. I had some not-so-great body issue in April. But I ended April without gaining any weight and realized that I needed some work on my body image. April ended with more positive thoughts and feelings.
I ended up doing a challenge in April (the Sugar Detox) that I probably should have included in my monthly goals but that’s okay. It was still a success.
1. Try one new restaurant each month. This month: Tasty and Son’s No, but I did try other restaurants.
2. Learn how to use the new Kitchenaid Mixer. Yes!
3. Lose 2 pounds. Did not lose 2 pounds but lost almost 1 pound thanks to the sugar detox.
4. Call my old personal trainer and try his Crossfit Gym at least once. Oh boy did I EVER!.
That’s not too bad for April I think. My May Goals are going to be a little different than what I’ve normally done–especially with the new diet experiment we are doing. I’m not the type to do fad diets, or crash diets, so this will be a weird experience for me.
1. Try one new restaurant each month. This month: Tasty and Son’s
2. Do more squats every other day, eventually getting to every day in preparation for another visit to the Crossfit Gym.
3. Lose 2 pounds (hopefully on the Four Hour Body Diet experiment).
4. Bike commute to work at least once or twice a week!
I think all of those are pretty do-able! I’m looking forward to a lot of May events. Yesterday’s 19 mile bike ride showed me that I have a lot of work to do to prepare for June’s bike ride!
QUESTION: How did you do in April? What are your May Goals?