My Sunday was absolutely sloth-worthy. I slept in really late, went swimming, did some laundry and then did nothing the rest of the day. I watched the last few episodes of Justified Season 1 and hours of Samantha Who? I had absolutely zero desire to do much of anything else.
Sometimes it’s kinda nice to do nothing. Especially after a busy day like Saturday. Dinner was the highlight of the day. When Michael got home from golfing, he blackened a chicken breast and we split that. I had a salad with broccoli, cauliflower, half an avocado, tomato and cottage cheese with the chicken. The blackened chicken goes so well on a salad.
So, most of the TV shows and movies I see are on Netflix. I am almost always late to the party when it comes to popular TV series. Most of this is because I am just too busy to watch much TV. This was not always the case, of course. When I was 250 pounds most of my time was spent eating in front of the TV. I’d spend entire weekends on the couch watching movies and television series (like The Sopranos and 24, Dead Like Me and Six Feet Under). It was an escape.
I’ve been impatiently awaiting the return of my favorite shows (Dexter, Californication, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Weeds) and in the meantime I’m checking out other things! Recently I’ve really enjoyed some new (to me) shows and movies!
1. The King’s Speech: I loved this movie so much. If you haven’t seen it, rent it immediately!
2. Justified. I have a minor crush on Timothy Olyphant so it’s easy to like this series. 😉 He’s a Federal Marshall that gets transferred from Miami back to his hometown in Kentucky. It’s a great show! I loved him in “Deadwood” too.
3. Samantha Who? Christina Applegate is adorable and so likeable in this movie. Her sidekick best friend is hilariously ridiculous too. The episodes are short and it’s easy to breeze through a few episodes without investing in tons of time. It’s a sitcom about a 30-something woman that wakes up from a coma with amnesia. She slowly discovers that she was a total jerk before her amnesia, too!
4. Burn Notice. I love spy stuff! This show is exciting and fast-paced. Jeffrey Donovan’s not bad on the eyes either. It’s about an ex-spy disavowed by the Government and he has hitmen after him in every episode. He uses his Special-OPs training to stay alive and it’s always creative–like MacGyver. 😀
5. Damages. Holy crap is this TV series good. Just when you think you have it figured out, they throw you for a total loop and you just sit there with your jaw hanging open. Season 1 was the best but as a whole, the show is amazing. Glenn Close demonstrates how impressive she is as an actress–playing the good guy and the bad guy equally as well.
These are just a few of the things I’ve checked out recently and totally loved…including Saturday night’s viewing of the creepy “Black Swan.”
QUESTION: What are you currently watching and loving?