Autumn in Oregon is a beautiful time. Even though I’m not quite ready to say goodbye to summer, I have to admit that I rather enjoy this time of year. I’m starting to see leaves on the ground during my walks.
I’m eating more oatmeal for breakfast, and drinking hot tea. I’m glad that Michael chopped up all that fire wood this summer because I’m looking forward to having fires in our fireplace. It’s my favorite thing in the winter!
It’s hard to believe that we’re done with summer already. How did I do for my September Goals? September was a super busy month. I had a lot of social plans, vacations, and other things I was obligated to do. Camping, weddings, travels… Some of my goals and priorities went by the wayside.
1. Commute to work by bike as often as I can. Sort of. I did the best I could before the weather changed.
2. Possibly train for the Harvest Century bike ride. We couldn’t do the Century ride this year because of vacation plans. Next year.
3. Take advantage of the nice weather and go hiking on the weekends. Not really. We did a few hikes but we were just too busy last month.
4. Possibly find a new gym. Done! The stress of not having a gym occupied the bulk of my life for the first few weeks of September. I am glad that’s over with.
I don’t want to be Debbie Downer but I’m having a hard time thinking of some goals to challenge myself for October. Part of the reason is the weather. I don’t really feel inspired to do much with gray skies and pouring rain. I really am not going to enjoy biking in the rain so commuting to work is going to be spotty at best. And it’s hard for me to stay committed to cycling in the winter time when I’m not training for something.
The other reason is that with the traveling I’m doing at the beginning of the month I’m finding it difficult to stay on track with my weight lifting. I was just getting back into the routine of lifting weights after a month long break (due to no gym access) and now I’m back at it again….again, spotty at best. I really want to get back at it.
So I think I will go easy on the October Goals.
1. Reign in my eating after this traveling is over. Get back on track!
2. Get back to consistent weight lifting.
3. Try a Spin class at the gym.
I think those are good goals–goals I should have anyways. October is going to be another busy month but I can do the best I can to stay fit and active. Plus, October starts the EATING MONTHS. I need to be on track before the holidays start.
QUESTION: What are your goals for October?