Confession: totally loved the movie “Ten Things I Hate About You” but that’s not what this post is about. The lovely Shelby tagged me and since her blog is in my top 5 favorites, I had to do it.
1. I hate mushrooms. Period. Will never eat them. Hate the texture, the flavors, the concept. Everything about them grosses me out. Same with tequila. Not related.
2. I’m a linear person and I’m also very direct. I struggle a great deal with communicating with people who are not linear. I want lists, bullet points, direct answers. I struggle with this a lot and wish I could be better.
3. I used to be able to watch scary movies. I LOVED them. Now? They give me nightmares for a week. Example: recently watched the first episode of “American Horror Story” and I swear to Goddess I had nightmares for 3 nights in a row and was totally afraid of the dark.
4. Which leads me to #4–CREEPY CHILDREN terrify me. The scariest part of any horror movie for me is a demonic, possessed, evil or creepy child. No idea why.
5. I used to love baking and did it a lot. I was really good at it too. I miss creating delicious desserts. But, I don’t trust myself to bake something and not eat all of it myself, so I just avoid it all together.
6. I chew gum when I run. It feels weird to run without it.
7. I love roulette. It’s my favorite Vegas game. I play just for fun, I have no illusions of winning. I don’t really play the same numbers each round, I just go with my gut. I win enough to keep playing. That’s about it!
8. I LOVE Scrabble. I play Words with Friends because I love it. For me, it’s about the words. For most other people (especially Michael) it’s a math game, to make words that have the highest points and play offensively to block the other person from good spots. I don’t really play like that, even though I should.
9. I feel like I’m “nesting” lately. I have no idea why. Maybe it’s because I’m getting older. Maybe it’s the dark Fall weather. Lately I just want to spend my time watching movies, TV shows, bake and cook new recipes. Weird.
10. Sometimes it would be nice to be known for something other than losing 110 pounds.
QUESTION: Want to share something about yourself?