Confession: totally loved the movie “Ten Things I Hate About You” but that’s not what this post is about. The lovely Shelby tagged me and since her blog is in my top 5 favorites, I had to do it.
1. I hate mushrooms. Period. Will never eat them. Hate the texture, the flavors, the concept. Everything about them grosses me out. Same with tequila. Not related.
2. I’m a linear person and I’m also very direct. I struggle a great deal with communicating with people who are not linear. I want lists, bullet points, direct answers. I struggle with this a lot and wish I could be better.
3. I used to be able to watch scary movies. I LOVED them. Now? They give me nightmares for a week. Example: recently watched the first episode of “American Horror Story” and I swear to Goddess I had nightmares for 3 nights in a row and was totally afraid of the dark.
4. Which leads me to #4–CREEPY CHILDREN terrify me. The scariest part of any horror movie for me is a demonic, possessed, evil or creepy child. No idea why.
5. I used to love baking and did it a lot. I was really good at it too. I miss creating delicious desserts. But, I don’t trust myself to bake something and not eat all of it myself, so I just avoid it all together.
6. I chew gum when I run. It feels weird to run without it.
7. I love roulette. It’s my favorite Vegas game. I play just for fun, I have no illusions of winning. I don’t really play the same numbers each round, I just go with my gut. I win enough to keep playing. That’s about it!
8. I LOVE Scrabble. I play Words with Friends because I love it. For me, it’s about the words. For most other people (especially Michael) it’s a math game, to make words that have the highest points and play offensively to block the other person from good spots. I don’t really play like that, even though I should.
9. I feel like I’m “nesting” lately. I have no idea why. Maybe it’s because I’m getting older. Maybe it’s the dark Fall weather. Lately I just want to spend my time watching movies, TV shows, bake and cook new recipes. Weird.
10. Sometimes it would be nice to be known for something other than losing 110 pounds.
Okay, tagging Lori, Beth, Samantha, Tina and Jill!
QUESTION: Want to share something about yourself?
So many thoughts I had to get my ass off Greader and comment. 🙂
I hadn’t thought about it until you spelled it out but I’m also linear. It’s nice to know that so when interacting with new people (such as in a work situation) I can explain that’s what works for me.
I had the same thing with scary movies. I’ve always been afraid of the dark so no change there but the nightmares are new and annoying.
I’m definitely nesting right now too. I think it’s a combination of weather and age.
I don’t know if I want to be known for anything but I definitely want to make a positive impact on the lives of those around me who I choose to spend time with. With my closest friends, etc I want to know that their lives were better because of our time together and vise versa. I want to spend my time connecting with people who make a positive impact on my life. I don’t mean this in a over zealous motivational speaker kind of way but rather in the sense of satisfaction I get from being a volunteer caretaker for my friends on the south end.
It’s one of the reasons I have problems with that certain coworker and another person–they are both very circular and never finish a thought or a sentence and I sit there growing more and more impatient because I am trying to decipher WHAT they are saying and what they want from the jumble of messages. It’s so frustrating!
And as for John and Phil, you are doing something very extraordinary in your assisting them and I think there is a lot of value in doing a “thankless” job like that!
I adore you so much Lisa Eirene! For me you are so much more than just known for losing 110 pounds. I look to you for inspiration it’s true but not just in weight loss but for everything. I love how you stood up for your self when those internet hating jerks were after you. I love your gardening skills, your big heart at work, your mexican recipe loving ways (you’re a natural) and mostly your start shooter attitude. I know you mean what you say and that’s so refreshing.
I am so glad I found you and your blog. I’m scared to think about where I would be without reading what you write eveyday.
Samantha recently posted..Freeforall Friday- 12 by 2012 and an Award!!!
Aw Sam, you are so sweet! Thank you for the compliments. I appreciate them and I’m so glad you find value in my blog. I want to make it a place where people enjoying reading my little thoughts and ideas and feel like they can relate to things I’ve gone through in terms of weight loss. 🙂
Dawni had the same reaction to “American Horror Story”. I was pleasantly surprised by the pilot, but I’ve been told I’ll be watching future episodes by myself. Also, great choice on the image of the creepy girl!
Chad Everett recently posted..Brothers In Darkness
I will keep watching the show but ….. Yikes! It’s been a long time since I saw something scary that stuck with me!
what a fun post!
I too love scrabble!!!
#1 and #3 I could have written! LOL.
I adored scary movies when I was younger. Absolutely loved them. Now, they make me scared to sleep at night. It’s like I regressed or something 😀
I saw 28 Days Later a couple years ago and it still gives me nightmares!
Lori recently posted..It’s Ah-maze-ing!
I’ve regressed too I think. I used to LOVE scary movies and couldn’t get enough of it.
What’s your all-time scariest movie? I think Poltergeist or The Exorcist.
I tend to expect everyone to respond in a very linear fashion as well, which is probably why my communication skills suck. I can never make sense out of 90% of the answers I do get, if I manage to make my point.
Scary movies! I love them! Can’t get enough! I’m always on a quest to find one that’s actually scary, and so far, that quest has been a total failure. lol
Deb recently posted..Day 8 – 245.5
I am working on my communication skills. I’m trying to be patient with people who aren’t linear. It’s hard!
I ADORE THESE POSTS.
me? Im a book worm. a reading nerd. fitness? a tinnnnny portion of my self-definition.
MizFit recently posted..Sweet Talking Ken
I am a total book worm too. I read about 3 books a week. I go to the library so much I should probably just work there. 🙂
Diane Fit to the Finish
I love this! I can’t imagine chewing gum while running – I think I’m just not coordinated enough. About me? I’m adopted and been through an adoption reunion. Pretty exciting.
Diane Fit to the Finish recently posted..How Can I Stay Hydrated in the Cool Weather
That is really exciting Diane! I had no idea you were adopted. I feel very strongly about adoption and when I was about 25 years old I started to go through the process to adopt. I really want to some day.
I hate mushrooms too – although I love the smell of them cooking – its a texture thing for me – gross! And onions – can’t stand them either.
Loved this post! 😀
Biz recently posted..Caramel Corn
I used to hate onions but now I love them. I keep hoping my tastes on mushrooms will change but they just don’t! YUCK! 🙂
Hi Lisa. How wonderful to get to know you better. Love this post, and agree 100% on the creepy children. Have a great Monday.
Roz@weightingfor50 recently posted..Some days, it’s ok to relax!
I am so glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t like creepy kids! LOL