Saturday we had a little dinner party. My aunt and uncle and cousin came over to see our new place. Michael smoked a chicken on the Traeger. I made a cheese plate. I got some really good stuff! A tomato and basil goat cheese and an apple and walnut smoked cheddar. Both were really delicious.
To go with the chicken, I made a roasted veggie dish. I found a recipe for Tahini Roasted Broccoli and it sounded so delicious I had to try it.
Instead of broccoli I used carrots and butternut squash. I was just feeling more of a “Fall” veggie. It turned out really good. I would definitely make it again but I probably wouldn’t use the butternut squash. It got a little mushy. I’d probably do carrots, sweet potatoes and broccoli next time.
- 2 tablespoons tahini, well stirred
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to serve
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Several grinds black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli, cut into 1 1/2-inch florets
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- Place all of the ingredients except for the broccoli in a large bowl and whisk to combine. Add broccoli and toss well to thoroughly coat. Scatter on a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes. Serve hot for best flavor, squeezing a little extra lemon juice on top.
Anna brought a salad and it was fantastic! So delicious! I would make this for a party in a heartbeat: Honey Dijon Mustard and Poppy Seed Coleslaw with Cranberries and Toasted Almonds
The chicken turned out great, as usual. It’s always really good on the Traeger, much more juicy and flavorful than plain ol’ chicken.
I’m happy with how everything turned out!
It was nice to have them over to catch up and show them our place. We are slowly getting things finished up. We spent the whole weekend working on the office, storage, organizing and then organizing the half bath storage. Michael installed shelves in one of the office closets and I got everything organized (and labeled!). It felt good to check something off the list and it looks really nice.
Leave a Reply