It seems rather silly to have any goals for July to be honest. July is going to be so busy and hectic I think my goal should really just be “maintain whatever I’m currently doing.” But that’s not a very long post, is it? June was kind of a fail in terms of sticking to my goals.
1. Try one new restaurant each month. This month: Beast. NOPE. Never made it.
2. Use sunscreen diligently. YES. I’ve been doing much better.
3. Commute to work two times a week by bike (weather permitting of course). SORTA. Once a week weather permitting is all I’ve been able to do.
4. Successfully complete the Gorge Ride (40 miles)! NOPE!
So June was kind of a bust. I was disappointed with the weather getting in the way of so many things I wanted to accomplish. Physically I could have ridden to work twice a week but the weather was never consistent enough for that to happen. I was bummed about that because my schedule at work will be changing and that will also effect when I can commute to work. Another challenge with commuting: the closing of the Morrison Bridge to cyclists. That made life a little more difficult for this newbie biker!
After a discussion Michael and I had decided not to participate in the Gorge Ride. The money and timing just didn’t work for us and in the end I think it was a good decision. I believe it ended up being a very rainy day the day of the ride. We did bike 40 miles though!
June wasn’t all bad. I bought new cycling shoes and learned how to clip-in (something I’d been avoiding for a year out of fear). I went on an amazing anniversary trip with Michael. I hung out with another blogger. My garden is growing huge. I struggled with going Scale-Free and honestly? I might go back to weighing in for July.
1. Commute to work by bike whenever I can.
2. Practice getting in long rides on weekends.
3. Incorporate more free weights in my workouts.
4. Enjoy the summer!
5. Read more books (I already read like 3 a week but I’m hungry for more!).
I think that’s doable.
QUESTION: What are your goals for July?