The keto diet is still going well. I’m going to share some keto dinners and recipes that we’ve done lately because honestly the rotation of breakfasts and lunches don’t change all that much! But I am trying to try new things with dinners to get some variety.
Apparently the theme for this post is Alfredo!
We made this and it was really delicious! I had the leftover chicken thigh and some sauce for lunch the next day and it was even better as a leftover. We used chicken thighs instead chicken breasts and raw minced garlic instead of garlic powder.
- Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- In a large skillet add olive oil and cook the chicken on medium high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until brown on each side and cooked until no longer pink in center. Remove chicken and set aside on a plate.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Whisk over medium high heat until it starts to thicken. Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes and let it simmer until the spinach starts to wilt. Add the chicken back to the pan and serve over pasta if desired.
Another chicken recipe. For this one we used boneless, skinless chicken thighs (frozen). The alfredo sauce was REALLY tasty! I liked it a lot. I’ve never made alfredo from scratch before, I’ve always just used a jar. It was so much better than the store bought stuff. I topped it with some fresh parsley. And you totally did not miss not having pasta. The broccoli was great with it. I had the leftover chicken and alfredo sauce the next day for lunch and the sauce flavor was even richer.
- 1 pound thin sliced chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 16 ounces broccoli
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder evenly over both sides of the chicken.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil.
- When oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and cook 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, steam the broccoli on the stove or in the microwave until as tender as you’d like.
- Heat a sauce pan over medium heat and add the cream, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk constantly until the butter is melted and the mixture comes to a slow simmer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded Parmesan. Whisk until the cheese melts fully and the sauce is smooth.
- To serve, divide the broccoli between four plates and top with chicken. Drizzle with sauce.
YIELD: 4 Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 437 TOTAL FAT: 32g SODIUM: 672mg CARBOHYDRATES: 9g FIBER: 3g SUGAR: 4g PROTEIN: 33g
Not really a recipe. But still super good and I wanted to share my creation. 🙂 Michael created my vision. Zoodles (three smallish zucchinis) sautéed in oil. Then scallops (frozen from Costco defrosted), seared and seasoned with salt and pepper. Alfredo sauce. This time we used the stuff from the jar because we needed a quick Monday night meal. Definitely not as good as the other two homemade Alfredo sauces but still decent and like I said, good for a quickie meal. Then topped with crumbled bacon! Season with freshly ground pepper. It was really good! And definitely keto.
We were originally going to use shrimp in this recipe but I discovered last minute that we were out of frozen shrimp. So thankfully we had some scallops. I would definitely do this again for a quick workday dinner.