Back in August I made a list of the goals I wanted to achieve (or at least attempt) for the remainder of 2010. I wrote them all out in individual monthly post and saved them as Drafts.
1. Plan my running schedule for 2011. 15k? Half Marathon? Triathlon?
2. Start a consistent weight training routine and stick to it!
3. Lose 3 pounds.
4. Take a Spin Class.
Interesting! I was sort of forced to start a weight training program and as a result, I HAVE lost 3 pounds! Funny how the Universe works.
In light of my recent injury, my goals have shifted. My new goals for the next five weeks are:
My New Goals:
1. Follow the doctor’s Return to Running Plan.
2. Do the strengthening exercises my doctor gave me.
3. Continue my weight training routine – focusing on my arms and core.
4. Lose 2 pounds.
I think they are realistic goals. They are goals I need to be focusing on. I hope that the November weigh-in has another happy surprise for me but if I simply maintain what I’ve lost so far I’ll be happy.
I know it’s a bit late to be posting October Goals–half way through the month–but there ya go.
QUESTION: What were your goals for October and how are you doing with them?
Dinner last night after the gym was really pretty good for being leftovers. I had leftover rice and wanted to eat up the last of the Trader Joe’s Chicken Shu Mai.
Lastly, check out Amber’s recap on running the Portland Marathon this weekend!
“If your dog is fat, you’re not getting enough exercise.” ~Author Unknown