Baked Spaghetti Casserole
- 1 lb angel hair pasta noodles
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of tomato soup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degree.
- Prepare noodles according to directions on package.
- Drain well.
- In a large skillet, add beef, onion, peppers and garlic. Brown until pink is gone out of the beef. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together the meat mixture with the soups, water, seasonings, and spaghetti noodles.
- Spray a 9×13 inch glass dish with Pam and spread mixture into dish.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake in oven 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
- Note: You may add Mozzarella cheese to the cheddar cheese for more of a cheesier bake.
Saturday night I a friend over for some chick flicks and dinner. She brought her baby girl over too, so it was definitely a Girl’s Night! I made the above recipe. First up: a little Sangiovese.
- Needed more garlic.
- Needed a can of diced tomatoes.
- Needed some more spice–not sure what kind though.
- I’d skip the cheddar cheese next time.
Other than that, it was a really good dinner for a first attempt!
QUESTION: Are you skilled at altering recipes to make them better? What spice do you think this recipe needed?