With yesterday’s post on slipping into old habits with food, I decided I’d make myself a list of all the Good Habits I’ve formed. Staying positive about life’s challenges is something that I’m working on (sometimes daily).
1. Always striving for new challenges, new ways to push my limits, new recipes to try to stay healthy. I hate being bored, or boring.
2. Staying dedicated and consistent with my exercise. Choosing things I enjoy doing help a lot. I’m excited about the weather improving in Portland so Michael and I can start training for the Portland Century bike ride this summer.
3. Not denying myself treats completely, but instead eating them in moderation sometimes, not all the time. I’ve talked about this being a slippery slope before, but I firmly believe that doing all things in moderation is the key to a healthy life.
4. Never skip meals. Ever. Even if I’m not all that hungry for a big dinner, sometimes just eating a salad is the perfect thing.
5. Eating fruit as a snack.
6. Eating a vegetable and/or salad with dinner. There is no such thing as “too many veggies” in my book. I’m trying to be creative in sneaking in extra servings of veggies.
7. Cooking healthier, low-calorie dinners with Michael using whole foods instead of packaged and processed foods. This was the biggest change that Michael and I have made together and we both saw immediate results. I felt healthier and I was fuller than when I ate “junk” food.
8. Learning how to lift weights properly and doing it on a regular basis. Boy do I wish I formed this habit sooner in my weight loss journey!
9. Walking places when I can. Parking far away from stores to get in some extra walking time. Walking across the bridge to work almost every day (almost 2 miles).
10. Taking my vitamins every day.
11. When I’m feeling like my depression might be returning I reach out to friends, exercise, do positive things to prevent myself from slipping into that funk.
Something I could improve on: Drinking more water! Every day! I am trying really hard to get better about this.
QUESTION: What are some good habits that you have?