I feel pretty good about my December goals. Perhaps I set the bar low to make sure I could accomplish everything, but either way December was a success!
1. Work through the healthy recipes I’ve been collecting. Yes!
2. Take more Spin Classes. Yes!
3. Maintain my current weight during the holiday season. WOOHOO!
4. Take some yoga classes more regularly. Yes!
I did go to some yoga classes but I also incorporated a lot more yoga stretches into my regular stretching routine. This helped a lot. Michael got a pilates book from my mom for Christmas and we’re going to start working through the book together. I think these things will be beneficial to both of us.
I made a nice dent in my recipe pile. Some of the recipes I tried in December: Broccoli Salad , Garlic and Soy Chicken Thighs, Southwestern Stuffed Acorn Squash, Homemade Tomato Soup, and Lentilles au Vin Blanc.
I weighed in on December 30th and was ecstatic that I hadn’t gained any weight. I was about the same as I was right after Thanksgiving (the last time I weighed myself). I successfully enjoyed and indulged during Christmas and didn’t gain. In fact, the weight lifting I’ve been doing have shrunk my thighs and my biceps!
I don’t really do New Year’s Resolutions anymore. I really prefer making month goals and working through that stuff in baby steps. Without further ado, my first goals for 2012:
1. Transition to working out in the mornings whenever I can (to avoid the massive crowds after work) or work out at home.
2. Get back into running. I really miss running during my lunch hour at work. Ideally I’d like to do that once a week –weather permitting and body permitting. While January is not the best month to get back to running outside, it would be ideal in my attempt to avoid the gym crowds.
3. Learn how to use my new camera to take better photos for my blog.
4. Finish the first draft of my book. I am 95% done with the first draft. This is completely doable!
I am excited to get started on my goals. I think I have some really good ones this month. And if I can accomplish #2, maybe I can start setting some goals involving racing again!
QUESTION: How did you survive the end of the year? What are your goals/resolutions?