It’s no secret to anyone that knows me (or reads this blog) that I dislike the dark months of Oregon. Dark, cold, rainy, gloomy. The Winter Blues are easy to get sucked into. I also complain a lot about the rain and gloom. Then I saw this post. I loved her positive attitude and she reminded me that yeah, there ARE some things I do like about Winter! So in the spirit of being positive, here goes my list.
On The Bright Side
1. I experiment more in the kitchen during the darker months. Summer time is a time for eating out more, going on vacations and day trips, trying new restaurants. I cook less in the summer and more in the winter. I’ve collected some really great looking recipes I’m dying to try this winter.
2. I love sweater weather. I have some cute sweaters and always get excited when it’s time to bring them out of storage.
3. Having a fire in the fireplace while watching movies with my boyfriend.
4. I don’t feel guilty going to the gym instead of working out outside! My workouts change in the winter time. Instead of hiking and running outside, or going on long bike rides with Michael in training for an event, I can focus more on weight lifting. Weight lifting helps me tone up and lose weight faster than cardio. I love it!
6. Soup. I love soup. Honestly I eat soup year round but I just love it even more in the winter. It’s warm and filling and makes me feel happy. I love creating soups from scratch.
7. Seasonal Drinks. I love Christmas beer! And Gregnog. 😀
9. My birthday. It’s in January. I’ve never been a big fan of my birthday but I’m trying hard to like it. 🙂 Michael has helped me enjoy it much better. We usually go to Bend for my birthday and play in the snow, drink good beer and relax. That’s a good way to celebrate.
It’s not all bad in the dark. 🙂
QUESTION: What do you like about the winter months?